I'm a lightweight backpacker, hiker, photographer and blogger based in Aberdeen, Scotland. Whilst I'm a self-confessed bagger of Munros, I also enjoy getting off the usual tracks, discovering different sides to the mountains and exploring the wild places this beautiful country has to offer.
I also have a passion for the starry skies, amateur astronomy and astrophotography. I love music, including listening to everything from indie and rock through to jazz, folk and electronica, and enjoy discovering exciting new bands as well as occasionally playing my own electric or bass guitar. Besides this I like to read, go running and play badminton. I have a thing for stripey clothing and dislike everything about closed shower curtains.
Good Causes and Organisations That I Support
- Campaign for Dark Skies
- John Muir Trust
- North East Mountain Trust
- National Trust for Scotland
- British Hedgehog Preservation Society
Looking after my online interests
Please be aware that the writings and images that appear on this site and that are wholly attributable to myself are licenced under a Creative Commons Licence.
About The Website
The following are the services and sites that I have used in the creation of this website.
- Server side scripting engine which drives most of this website
- Database and structured query language which enables storage and retrieval of data
- A blog manager that looks after all the posts and articles I add to the site
- Manages the RSS feeds available from this website
- Manages and bookmarks interesting sites that I find out on the web and organises them using tags
- Monitors my listening habits and allows me to share my taste with others as well as discover new artists
- Photo sharing website that allows me to organise my own photos and get feedback from the community